June 3, 2006

How Long Have You Been Waiting ?

You Know You've Been Waiting A Long Time To Adopt Your Daughter When ....




You've created a nursery ......



And dismantled it before she even gets here!




I'm throughly confused.

One post says to expect referral at the 12 month mark and yet others are saying brace for an 18 month wait.

They cannot all be right. I'll aim for the middle.

Regardless, it's true , we are packing and are offically "homeless" in a few days. We are really looking forward to building our new home.

Oh yeah, and doing the nursery for the 2nd time.

I'd say that that will help pass the time until referral.

3 comments:

glo said...

Well congratulations on your new home. yes Redoing the nursery will hopefully be one of the most fun parts. I'm glad you are going for an estimate right in the middle.. Sounds very smart to me. I hope you are wrong and it turns out even sooner.

Jen Boote said...

I've just come across you blog and can't believe someone else is doing exactly what we are doing! We live in Australia and have decided in the past few months to move to the country - so the nursery I set up especially for our much longed for daughter will now be dismantled! and then a new one set up (hopefully in time!) in a home we will build ourselves. Good on you all - just know there is a family in Australia going through exactly the same thing..... you can visit our blog at www.jenboote.blogspot.com when you have time!
Good luck, Jen

Ava Baby said...

Good luck with your move.