March 14, 2007

Diamonds are a girl's best friend


Look who has diamonds in her ears.

Shelley , a good pal of mine, and I took a trip to the jewelery store and had Miss Aly's ears pierced tonight.

It took 10 seconds , less than a minute of tears and a grape lollipop and all was right with the world.

Yeah, I know , I'll be battling with her when she is 16 and wanting to pierce her nose but you do have to admit, she looks BEAUTIFUL with those little sparkling earlobes.




The Before Picture



Aly picking out her new jewels

Yes, she is vain but if you were that cute, you'd be admiring yourself too !


This is Shelley holding Aly before "Operation Earlobes".

I know, I was a wimp and couldn't watch !

The After Picture

All done !

( by the way, this is her first lollipop)

Getting your ears pierced is a very tiring job.

5 comments:

granola girl said...

I'm so glad to see someone else doing this to their newly adopted daughter! We leave next week to get our precious girl and I'm already try to decide how long I "have" to wait to pierce her ears.

Your family is so precious. I've been following your journey for a while and very inspired that things will go just fine.

Carrie
http://granolagirl-homestead.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

OH, MAN! I'd give anything to get my husband talked into allowing me to get our daughter's ears pierced. Our rule is if one of us says no, then it's no. But I really want Kenz to have pierced ears!

And yes, your daughter is so cute!!!! She'll be a handful at 16, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Yes your right Aly looks adorable with sparkling ears!
When I brought Akémie to have hers pierced Mandy Line cried more than my little Akémie hahaha (thats a great big sister).
Hope to see Aly soon and the rest of the family too of course.

geminirn said...

All little ladies should be introduced to these precious sparkling stones ayap....love it!!!!!

my3 kids said...

Very pretty!! We got our first daughter's ears pierced at 6.6 months of age..she came home at 5.5 months and our second daughter who came home at just over 9 months had her ears pierced when she was 11 months old and both our girls did well. Very cute:)