May 28, 2007

We had a visitor this morning and we are sure glad that he didn't decide to stay for breakfast.

Alyana and I had just finished placing the flowers out for a drink of rain water and when we turned to come back inside, we saw this fella ......

(at least, I think it was a fella)

I sure had no intention of going to check!!


He looks mean, huh ?

It took me a minute to realize that this black visitor was not our regular neighbourhood canine visitor.

He even visited the front step.

These are his muddy paw prints.




Yes, that is waaaay too close for comfort for this Mommy.

I've already made a phone call to the Department of Natural Resources to report this teddy bear.

As for Fletcher , the wonder dog, he slept through the visit.

I think next time I'll send the cat after any intruder.

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Yikes! That's quite the teddy bear you had walking around your backyard. Let's hope he finds another place to wander.

4D said...

Egads!! That is too close for comfort. Not at alll fuzzy and cuddly as the stuffed version portray them to be.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

AW Andrea hes just a baby!!

Send the cat after him next time, in fact i'll let ya borrow mitts k.

Jamie and Angela said...

Yikes! Looks like he's just a cub, which means mama is nearby and that is scary!

Our neighbour just told us that she had a bear in her yard the other day.

Unknown said...

Holy Crow!!!!
I thought my raccoon was a "close encounter" with nature! LOL
I'm glad you got pictures...they remind me of a "big foot" sighting. LOL
Krista

Anonymous said...

HOLY OLE CRAP!!!!!!That is SCARY!!I wonder where mamma is?????

D & S said...

That's scary! They're really cute from a goooood distance and a big wall between the both of you. Hopefully that's the last you'll see of him.

crazylady said...

OMG

your cooking must smell damn fine

Claire said...

"Wonder dog" indeed! My cat isn't a year old yet and she kills snakes, bees, voles, frogs, salamanders... pretty gross actually.

And yet the smelly neighbor cat still lurks about with impunity! Selective savagery is the order of the day. But a bear? Yeah, I'm pretty sure she'd let him into our yard and show him where the compost bin is....

Obviously though, your sense of humor is still intact, so that's a good sign!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is very scarry.
I hope that the mother bear never shows up.
The scariest I ever saw in my backyard was a snake and a moose.
Lets hope that this teddy bear find a good place to live far from your house!

Linda said...

Bring back the spring bear hunt!!!

I had 4 visits last year and my yard is fenced.

He looks pretty lean!!!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! Would love to see one hat close just not near my house..Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

Must be the season for wildlife! You had a bear, Krista had a raccoon and I had two ducks and a gopher! I'm pretty sure I live in the CITY!! Last year we had a moose walk through my back yard. We have deer all the time. Glad I don't have bears though. Scary. Be safe!

Jill and Jaap said...

YIKERAMMA!!!

Steffie B. said...

OMW......that would be a little scary. The pictures are funny, but I would be bolting all the windows and locking the doors! ;)