June 7, 2007

Alyana's Good Wishes Quilt

I received Aly's Good Wishes Quilt today.

It is beautiful and very bright.

Just like she is ....

I didn't follow the proper order of collecting wishes from far and away.

Aly's wishes came from family and close friends.

Wishes for happiness, love, kisses, sunshine, joy, family, rainbows and sweet dreams are embroidered around little squares of color and ladybugs patches.

I love it ,,,,and as you can see , so does Miss Aly.

There is also a square that says PEACE and it is embroidered next to the word CHINA.

When I look at this square I can't help but think of Alyana's birth mother in China and although she will never know this amazing ,beautiful and active little girl, it is my deepest of hope that she has found peace with letting her go.

I hope Alyana's birth mother believes with all her heart that there is another mother in another part the world that holds her little one close , her Chinese beauty, and loves her with her every fibre of her being!

It is my hope ....and it is what gives me peace when I think of Alyana's first mother.






18 comments:

Jamie and Angela said...

How beautiful, I'm sure Aly will always treasure it.

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely beauiful!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

WOW!!! What a great job

Deb
(Olivia's lucky mom)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

IT IS GORGEOUS! I love it!!!!!

my3 kids said...

Oh how pretty. I love it!!! What a great idea for Alyana's quilt. I have all my squares but have yet to put Emma's quilt together...oops I better get on that:)

Janice

Wendy said...

I love it!

And, Alyana's forehead looks eerily similar to Camille's :)

Angela said...

Andrea,

The quilt is absolutely beautiful ~ and so is Alyana!! what a cutie!!
I love the outfits you picked up for Alyana ~ my secret pal just sent me one of the same tank tops!

Angela :)
www.andellamakesthree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Journey To Our Baby Sister.... said...

OMG Aly's quilt is absolutely beautiful...I LOVE it and what a great idea in the way you made it!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

hugs
Cindy

shelley said...

WOW that is a great quilt!! Aly is lucky to have it.

shelley
www.finishingourfamilyfromchina.blogspot.com

4D said...

That is beautiful! A wonderful keepsake.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
What a beautiful Good Wish Quilt!
The colors are just perfect for a little Hunan Spice Girl!
Did you make it Andrea?

Chers Monique

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I just love all the words embroidered throughout it!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This is the most original quilt I have seen. It is so bright and color-BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for checking into our nursery blog. Here is our family blog:
www.radicchis.blogspot.com

Cari said...

Gorgeous!!! I've been debating starting one myself, to keep me busy during the long long wait -- I'm now officially inspired!
Thanks,
Cari

Alyson and Ford said...

It is beautiful! You are so special, thoughtful and full of grace to think of Alyana'a birth mother. We will all honor her in our special ways.

Alyson
LID 01/27/07

Elizabeth said...

That quilt is beautiful. If I could go out and buy it (or order it online) I would take out my wallet right now. Divine.

Claire said...

I'm sending this post to my mother, a huge quilter. What a wonderful catharsis and momento in one!