July 31, 2007

Married To My Best Friend



15 years ago tomorrow I married an amazing man.

Some say love at first sight doesn't happen but I am here to tell you that it does.

You see, I first noticed my honey when I was 12 years old. He was leaning against his locker at school ( talking to a girl ) and I fell head over heels madly in love.

It wasn't long before we began dating and for me I knew he was "the one".

We dated through high school and into his final year. After his graduation from high school he left the province . I stayed to finish my final year however, the distance proved too much for a couple of kids with the college years ahead of them and so we parted ways ....

I never forgot him even though I met and dated other boys ( and he other girls). We kept in touch over the 4 years ..........writing letters , seeing one another in the summer, hanging out once in awhile ....
Somewhere along the line ....we drifted back into one another's lives .......and we fell deeper in love.

In July 1991, he proposed marriage and I accepted. We married a year later in a small church in the heart of the village that we grew up together in.
We have been through a lot together over the last 16 plus years: the trials of infertility and heartache of failed attempts and the loss of people that we love.
We have also had many many wonderful memories too! The adoption of our two beautiful children, our trip to China , family Christmas get togethers , spaghetti Sunday's, and the most recent .....enjoying time in our new home as a family of four.
I wouldn't trade where we have been and what we have been through for the world. We are so fortunate.

JP, You have and always will be the love of my life .....

My heart has belonged to you from the beginning and it always will be yours .....

I love you and our life together.

Happy anniversary Bub !

I hope the next 15 are as happy as these have been!

Andrea

9 comments:

4D said...

What a lovely tribute!

Happy Anniversary!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful story and a beautiful love letter.
Happy Anniversary to you and to many more years of Happiness!

RoLo said...

Wishing you many many many more years of happiness

geminirn said...

WOW!!!A BIGGGG CONGRATULATIONS.....holy cow 15 years!!!!!

Jill and Jaap said...

Happy Anniversary!

PandJ_L said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a lovely story!

Anonymous said...

You just brought tears to my eyes. Of course you have always been my one true love and I want for nothing in my life because of you. Happy anniversary, Bubber. I love you now and forever!

Anonymous said...

Very nice story.

Happy 15th Anniversary to you two!

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful post.....