September 4, 2007

Whadda Day ...

Aly and I accompanied Bugsy to his classroom today.

After a tour of a tour of the homeroom and a good look at his desk, he was ready to bid us farewell ( he's a big boy after all !!).

So without further adieu, we gave Ben a big hug and left him in the capable hands of his wonderful teacher and started the much dreaded ride to the daycare.

Alyana walked into the place like she owned it and then proceeded to take over the room
and when it was time for Mommy to leave, the tears began ....

and there were lots of them ..... but from only one person ......

Me !

I felt like a blubbering idiot ....and once I gained some sort of composure I gave Miss Aly a kiss and grabbed my coat .....

She didn't cry, she didn't look upset , she simply smiled at me and waved bye bye and toddled off to get to know her new friends .....

Whadda a big girl .......

Whadda a day ....

Ok ....it has officially sunk in ....

I'm heading back to work in a few days and my kids are off experiencing another world that I'm not 100 percent apart.

Man, that is tough ....

Here are a few pics and the lady in the multicolored top, that's Kay. She will be looking after my precious little girl ( and between you and me, I think Alyana has her in the palm of her hand already .....ssshhhhhh ).










7 comments:

Juliette said...

Yes it seems to be tougher on us than on them. We have always this guilt bothering us. But they'll be fine and need to be with kids their age (or that's what I try to convince myself lol).
Good luck for heading back to work, it was this morning for me...

geminirn said...

AWWWW!It must make you feel a bit better knowing you left them with smiling faces on each of them,however i'm sure it was very tough on you....each day will get a little easier!!

Just think only three more days and it will be the wkend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i am sure Aly is putty in everyones hands. she is so cute. i laughed out loud when my wife showed me the backpack photo...you could fit Aly in the backpack.

too bad the Federal Court of Canada stuck it to adoptive parents or else you would have another 15 weeks. just not fair. just not fair. your blog helps with our wait though. keep it up.

Claire said...

I had a sob session yesterday for the first day of preschool - and that's only 3 mornings/week. Although this is a sanity-saving measure, it kills me to leave them behind...

Kristine said...

I love how kids comfort their parents!! So sweet!! Your kids look so well adjusted and ready to start a new exciting year. Yep, maternity leave ending is a REALLY hard time - or so all of our friends tell me... can't wait to experience it!!

Anonymous said...

Big days for both of them. Way to tough it out Mom. I too would have been bawling. Heck, I've been know to be sad when she spends the night at Grandma's. She LOVES it there but I miss her terribly!!!

Lauren and Ed said...

I think it is definitely harder on us parents. Looks like everyone did great!