August 17, 2008

Gone Camping .....



A few hours ago we dropped Bugsy off to summer camp.

This is my boy's first time away from home.

At this moment, he's probably just finished his dinner and he's about to change into some warm clothes and head to a bon fire with 89 other kids and camp counselors.

He handled the goodbye like a big boy .....and of course, refused to hug mommy in front of the "boys".

That's right ....big boys don't hug in public ....*lol* ( I forgot )

Can't wait til Friday :) I miss him so much already !


Getting ready .......for the big adventure !


Ben's home for the week


Checking out the surrounding area with his camp counselor

Waiting for the ferry



A few "love you" notes tucked into his bag :)

4 comments:

Jamie and Angela said...

I bet he will have a wonderful time! My boys love going to camp, I hope Ben will too!

geminirn said...

Oh summer camps are always so much fun,I'm sure he will have a great week with tons of tales to share with mommy and daddy come friday.

Les Boudreau said...

Time away from the parents%^$%$#^*
I really like the idea for the "love notes".

Mo

Unknown said...

What a trooper! ( I mean Mom!) LOL

I bet he is having a fantastic time!!
I'm glad the weather is getting nicer for them!

Krista